From what you have just told me I would say yes that is child abuse and you should definitely tell someone about whats going on. Here is some information which you might find helpful. From what you’ve described these three come to mind:
Physical abuse is a non-accidental injury or pattern of injuries to a child or young person caused by a parent, caregiver or any other person. eg:
- Scratching or biting
- Pushing or shoving
- Choking or strangling
- Throwing things
- Forced feeding or denial of food
- Use of weapons
- Physical restraint (such as pinning against a wall, floor, bed etc)
- Reckless driving.
- excessive discipline
is when a child is denied love, approval and security. Bullying, yelling, put-downs, ignoring and being made to feel shame are all kinds of emotional abuse.
This can include a range of behaviours such as excessive criticism, withholding affection, exposure to domestic violence, intimidation or threatening behaviour. eg.
- Verbal - yelling, insulting or swearing at someone
- Rejection - pretending not to notice someone’s presence, conversation or value
- Put downs - name calling, public embarrassment, calling someone stupid, blaming them for everything
- Being afraid - causing someone to feel afraid, intimidated or threatened
- Isolation - limiting freedom of movement, stopping someone from contacting other people (like friends or family)
- Money - controlling someone’s money, withholding money, preventing someone from working, stealing or taking money
- Bullying- purposely and repeatedly saying or doing hurtful things to someone.
Child neglect is the continued failure by a parent or caregiver to provide a child with the basic things needed for his or her proper growth and development, such as food, clothing, shelter, medical and dental care and adequate supervision.
I hope this helps, take care x